DaaS provides a number of protocols and methods for connecting to a virtual desktop via Windows.
- The virtual/remote desktop must have VMware Agent software installed by your Service Provider.
- Download and install the VMware Horizon Client. Click here for detailed instructions.
- If you are behind a firewall, allow access to the following ports 443:TCP, 4172:TCP, 4172:UDP, 32111:TCP
1. Complete the prerequisites then, double-click the Horizon Client desktop shortcut, or click Start > Programs > VMware > VMware Horizon Client.
2. Double click the cloud icon to start the connection process. see below
3. Enter your business, school, or PoC user name and password and click Login.
4. One or more desktop icons will be displayed - see below.
5. Double click a desktop icon to connect to the underlying virtual desktop - see below
NOTE: It is important that you choose Start -> LogOff, when you are finished using the desktop