NOTE: The following steps require Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or higher.
- Download the VMware Horizon Client for Mac using one of the following options:
1. Once your download is complete, double click the VMware .dmg installation file and "Agree" to the License Agreement - see example below.
NOTE: Steps 1 - 4 only have to be done once. Subsequently running the Horizon Client will place you at step 5.
2. Left mouse click the VMware Horizon Client icon and drag it into the Applications folder on the right, to install - see example below.
3. Double click to open the Applications folder. Find and open the VMware Horizon Client program. Click "Open" if you receive the following warning.
4. Enter the Connection Server address/URL provided by your PoC/System/IT Administrator, or Service Provider. eg. portal.company.com. Click "Connect"
5. Begin the desktop connection process by double clicking the cloud icon displayed.
6. Enter your username and password then click "Login". (see below)
7. One or more Desktop or App icons will be displayed - see example below. Click the desktop or App you wish to connect to.
8. Once you have finished using your virutal desktop you can either Logoff or Disconnect (hover mouse near the top of the screen, to access the Horizon "Desktop" menu).