NOTE: The following steps require Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or higher. Click here if you have an older version of Mac e.g. Leopard.
- The virtual/remote desktop must have VMware Agent software installed by your Service Provider.
- Download the VMware Horizon Client for Mac.
1. Once your download is complete double click the VMware .dmg installation file and "Agree" to the License Agreement - see below.
NOTE: Steps 1 - 4 only have to be done once. Subsequently running the Horizon Client will place you at step 5.
2. Left mouse click the VMware Horizon Client icon and drag it into the Applications folder on the right, to install - see below.
3. Double click to open the Applications folder. Find and open the VMware Horizon Client program. Click "Open" at the warning below.
4. Enter the Connection Server address/Portal URL provided by your IT Admin. or Service Provider. eg. portal.company.com. Click "Connect"
5. Begin the desktop connection process by double clicking the cloud icon displayed.
6. Enter your username and password then click "Login". (see below)
7. One or more desktop icons will be displayed. Double click your desktop to connect to it - see below.
8. Once you have finished using your virutal desktop you can either Logoff or Disconnect (hover mouse near the top of the screen, to access the Horizon "Desktop" menu).
Note: After you LogOff or Disconnect, you must Quit/Close the Horizon Client before you can connect or re-connect to the virtual desktop again.