Instructions for installing the VMware Horizon Client on iOS devices:
1. Access the App Store, enter "VMware Horizon" and touch Search.
2. Install the VMware Horizon client onto your iPad.
3. Tap to open the Horizon Client, then press the "+" sign or new server option.
4. Enter the "Connection Server" web address/URL provided by your system/PoC administrator. eg. portal.companyname.com
5. Tap the "Connect" button, enter your username and password and tap "done".
6. Tap on the desktop and or application of your choice, to connect to it.
7. Once connected, you will see a tray icon on the left of the screen (drag left to right to see a list of installed programs etc. ), and the Horizon Client Tools radial menu icon hovering near the middle of the window. Tap the Client Tools icon to access the menu options.
Note: You must do the following to enable standard touch screen gestures such as double-click, pinch etc.:
- Tap the "Settings" menu option (gear) [These settings are also available in the Horizon Client App]
- Tap the "Touch" option
- Toggle "Windows Native Touch Gestures" setting to off.
8. Tap the screen with 3 fingers to access the online Keyboard, or, choose the option from the Client Tools menu.