Access via Android devices using the VMware Horizon Client (PCoIP access).
To install and configure the Horizon Client:
Download the VMware Horizon Client app from the Play Store, the Amazon App store for Android, or other Web site where the Horizon Client app is available.
If necessary, copy the app (.apk file) to your device.
- Install the app according to your device's customary procedure for installing apps.
- Tap the Horizon Client app icon on the Home screen.
- Tap the + (Add Server) button.
- Enter the "Connection Server" web address/URL provided by your system/PoC administrator. eg. portal.companyname.com
- When prompted, supply Active Directory credentials.
a. Enter the user name and password.
b. Select the domain.
c .Tap Done.
- Tap on a desktop, and or application, to connect to it.
Once connected, you will see a tray icon to the left of the screen (drag left to right to see a list of installed programs etc. ), and the Horizon Client Tools radial menu icon hovering in the window. Tap the Client Tools icon to access the menu options.
Note: You must do the following to enable standard touch screen gestures such as double-click, pinch etc.:
- Tap the "settings" menu option (gear) [These settings are also available in the Horizon Client App]
- Tap the "Touch" option
- Toggle "Windows Native Touch Gestures" setting to off.
8. Tap the screen with 3 fingers to access the online Keyboard, or, choose the option from the Client Tools menu.