There is no doubt that IT and computing in general are looking to leverage the cloud and virtualization for everything from servers to storage to desktops.
The many benefits of the cloud+virtualization are clear so the only decision that remains is how and when will your business position itself for the competitive advantages that come as a result of these benefits.
Key Benefits of Cirrus Dynamics’ VMware based DaaS offering
Desktops-as-a-Service (DaaS) - private cloud-hosted virtual desktops, deliver choice and flexibility without compromising security or control.
DaaS enables your business to move from:
- A Personal Computer era of build to a Cloud era of buy
- Technology lock-in to opt-in
- Rigid to flexible
- Complex to simple
And the list goes on:
- Extend the Life of existing PCs - by an average of 2-3 years and still migrate to the latest windows operating system, without sacrificing performance. DaaS moves all of the OS and application processing off the PC hardware and into the data center.
- Turnkey Desktop Provisioning - Create and manage pools of virtual desktops in just minutes with a few simple clicks without needing to include other groups. IT administrators can define pools, create custom policies for usage and allocate pools to user groups. All pool creation and provisioning is done without requiring any knowledge or experience in dealing with the underlying infrastructure.
- Enterprise Integration - Virtual desktops look and act as part of your corporate IT environment, though they are running at a secure remote data center. This is because the desktops are connected to your corporate IT environment through a private network connection. Access to the desktops is based upon your existing Active Directory.
- Cheaper and lower risk major upgrades - with all of the OS and application software off the PC hardware and in the data center, one image can be used for all hardware platforms. Future upgrades are greatly simplified and remain distinct from hardware refresh cycles
- Strict role separation - Our DaaS provides true separation of the service provider and the customer i.e. the service provider (admin staff etc) is not able to look into a customers network, data etc. The customer is able to securely extend their own network into the data center and provide all of the access to applications etc. currently available to physical desktops.
- Web based Management tools - enjoy delegated administration via an intuitive, cloud-hosted management control plane for the entire virtual desktop environment. IT staff only need to learn a tool as opposed to learning all of the complex components of virtual desktop infrastructure.
- 100% Satisfaction - DaaS has to deliver on customer satisfaction or else they simply don’t buy. Conversely, with a VDI build-out done on-premise, the risk is being stuck with an unsatisfactory solution until the expenditure can be justified or reasonable ROI is achieved.
- Low cash-out and low-risk - no upfront CAPEX. You get to try the virtual desktop solution and turn it down if not satisfied. Also, centralized, location independent management and control of the desktop environment coupled with the systematic re-purposing of old PCs until the implementation of thin clients, all contribute to overall lowering of TCO. Furthermore, time to value is measured in weeks, not months.
- Ease of Accessability - Users access their desktop's, data, and applications through a web browser or other client software.
- Device Independence - Users can leverage nearly any device to access the cloud-hosted virtual desktops. The VMware Horizon Client allows access from an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, Android etc. End result; equal transparent access for all users regardless of the physical device.
- Technology agnostic - DaaS provides choice in terms of operating systems, remoting protocols and physical or cloud based technology offerings. For example, being able to test different connection protocols easily, without having to switch hypervisors or infrastructure.
- Security and Compliance - Centralized control of the desktops ensures that compliance is more easily achieved and maintained. Remoting protocols such as VMware Blast, and PCoIP ensure that no data passes between the physical access device and the virtual desktop other than screen shots and key-strokes. Also, DaaS supports two factor authentication, key logging and data loss “sniffing”. No need to buy PCs for third parties.
- Decreased Licensing costs - minimize software licensing costs by reassigning pools of virtual desktops to changing groups of users, regardless of access device or location.
- Green Initiatives - replace failing PCs with energy efficient Thin Clients (small carbon footprint, no moving parts, hard drives etc.) and enjoy energy savings of 60-80% per PC.