Cirrus offers a free Proof-of-Concept (PoC) to organizations that meet the minimum requirement of 5 seats/desktops.
If you have not already done so, please email email@example.com and provide the following information, to sign up for a PoC:
- Your name
- Company size
- Phone number
- Email address
- Short message about your interest in a Desktops as a Service (DaaS) PoC.
Five things to note, before you start the PoC:
- If you are behind an enterprise/business firewall - access to the DaaS PoC requires Broadband or LAN-based internet connections with outbound ports 443, 3389, 4172:TCP, 4172:UDP, 32111:TCP open.
- The free VMware Horizon Client (versions 5.5.1 to 2012) provides the best end-user experience and options for connecting to the cloud services. However, you can also connect by simply entering the connection server URL (provided in the "Welcome" email) into an HTML5 compliant web browser.
- Right mouse click the desktop icon in the Horizon Client to access options such as the connection protocol (e.g. VMware Blast, PCoIP), Restart, Reset etc. Please wait at least 3 minutes before trying to reconnect to your desktop after such an action as "Restart". Note: "Settings" -> "Drive Sharing" options are disabled during a PoC and are overridden at login.
- Mobile devices can also be used e.g. iPad and Android tablets. Simply download and install the free VMware Horizon Client from the App Store, or Play Store.
- The PoC system is completely reset at the end of the specified PoC period at 11:59PM ADT. Therefore, any content left on your virtual desktop(s) will not be retrievable.
Click here for more information about the scope and features of the DaaS PoC.