This description of services (the “Service Description”) as referred to in, and supplements, forms part of and is subject to Cirrus’ TERMS of SERVICE, as amended and supplemented from time to time (the “Agreement”). All provisions contained in the Agreement govern this Service Description except as expressly modified below.
As a member of the VMware vCloud Air™ Network, a global ecosystem of cloud providers offering validated services based on VMware technology, Cirrus leverages VMware Horizon™ DaaS® to enable the delivery of virtual desktops and applications on a 12, 24, 36 month subscription term. Under specific conditions, Month-to-Month subscription terms are also available, email email@example.com for more details.
“Bandwidth” is the network connectivity from the Horizon DaaS environment to the public Internet using Cirrus’ Internet service providers. Bandwidth is consumed when data is either transferred or received by your purchased class of service.
“Billing Date” is the date when Cirrus will periodically bill for the Service Offering. Billing Dates will occur monthly unless otherwise indicated.
“Billing Period” is the period for which the Service Offering is being billed. Billing Periods are monthly and are related to the provisioning of your SID, unless otherwise indicated.
“Desktop Model” is a bundle of compute, memory, storage and bandwidth capacity that can be instantiated as a desktop. A core order consists of a quantity of a specific Desktop Model as defined below.
“Core Components” are Desktop Models that include a public IP Address and Support, and storage for five Gold Pattern Templates.
“Gold Pattern Templates” are master images that can be modified in the Administration Console and are used to create virtual desktops.
“IP Addresses” are used to provide connectivity from the public Internet.
“Plan Charges” are those Service Offering components that are not billed based upon usage (i.e., those components that you have committed to purchase and are recurring during the subscription term without regard to use). These charges will be invoiced for the then-current Billing Period as described in Section 4 of this Service Description.
“Service Identifier”, or SID Identifies a single service instance which can include core Desktop and Hosted Apps Capacity, Support, IP Address, and Internet Bandwidth components.
“Storage” contains block level VM capacity provided to you through your purchased class of service. Storage usage is intended for core operating system and applications only. Additional Storage is ordered in the increments defined below.
“Subscription Software” is any software provided to you and for which you are billed for its use.
“Third-Party Licenses” are those licenses for third-party software that are made available to you as optional services.
“Usage Charges” are those Service Offering components that are billed based upon usage. These charges will be invoiced in arrears as described in Section 4 of this Service Description.
3. Service Model Options.
Horizon DaaS desktops are available in four main choice-of-service alternatives:
- Professional Desktop - provides 1vCPU, 2GB vRAM, 50GB HD.
- Enterprise Desktop - provides 2vCPU, 4GB vRAM, 80GB HD and the benefits of Soft3D for the end user.
- Ultimate Desktop - provides 4vCPU, 8GB vRAM, 100GB HD and the benefits of Soft3D for the end user.
- Custom Desktop - allows 16vCPU, 64GB vRAM, 1000GB HD and the benefits of Soft3D for the end user.
Note: The custom model can be configured using variations of the minimum and maximum values noted above If none of the standard service models meet your requirements.
For Windows Desktop Client OS licensing and use, customers are encouraged to use their own licenses purchased through their Microsoft licensing distributor.
For Windows Server OS licensing and use, Cirrus can provide Windows Server and Windows Server RDS SAL licenses per Virtual Machine through SPLA, or Customers may provide their own Windows Server and SAL licenses.
The use of the desktop and mobile clients to access the Service Offering is governed by separate license terms.
All Service Options include 5x30GB HD Gold Pattern Templates for use as the basis of the virtual desktops.
In addition, Customers may choose to buy additional hard disk storage in 10GB increments as necessary.
All service options are deployed by default on dedicated computing servers with Cirrus HA and layer-2 network isolation for workload traffic isolation, dedicated storage volumes, and a dedicated desktop management instance. Each service instance is deployed with a public IP address for VPN-less remote access. Desktops and published applications can be accessed via VMware Horizon clients directly or via clientless HTML5 (VMware Blast Protocol) web browsers.
Note: As a complement to our Desktop offering, Cirrus also offers Cloud Servers, Cloud Storage, and Online Backup services.
3.1 Service Objects
The Services include the capability to access these objects:
- Domain Binding may be managed through the Horizon DaaS Enterprise Center/Management Console to access customer's active directory, administrator roles and permissions, and end user groups.
- Gold Pattern Template may also be managed through the Horizon DaaS Enterprise Center Console and are used as the base image from which VMs are cloned. Customer upload of templates in Open Virtual Machine Format is supported.
- Desktop Pools are the grouping object for VMs, Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) published desktops, and RDS published applications. Pools specify which Desktop Model, gold pattern, desktop type, and other policies to apply when creating VMs. Desktop VMs can only be created as part of a pool.
- Virtual Machines (VMs) are the desktops that are accessed by the end user.
- RDSH Published Desktops (Sessions) are the published desktops running on hosted RDSH Servers that are accessed by the end user.
- RDSH Published Apps (Apps) are the published applications running on hosted RDSH Servers that are accessed by the end user.
3.2 Self-Service Portals
The Service Offering includes access to two self-service consoles:
- VMware Horizon DaaS Management Console (“Console”) is the primary interface for consumption and management of Horizon DaaS purchased from Cirrus, including domain binding, gold pattern management, desktop provisioning, end user entitlement, and multi-factor authentication, all under the same sign on.
- VMware Horizon Client is the primary interface for accessing the virtual desktops and published apps by end users. This interface provides options for access via PCoIP, VMware Blast (access via HTML5), and Microsoft RDP. The VMware Horizon Client is supported on Windows, MAC, Linux, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, and through various zero clients.
3.3 Service Operations
The following outlines Cirrus’ roles and responsibilities in the delivery of Horizon DaaS. While specific roles and responsibilities have also been identified as being owned by the Customer, any roles or responsibilities not contained in this document are either not provided with the Service or assumed to be the Customer’s responsibility.
3.4 Service Support
Horizon DaaS includes support for problems that you report as it relates to account and desktop/application availability.
3.5 Service Provisioning
Cirrus will provide the following provisioning services:
- Implementation of service components (physical servers, physical storage, and physical network devices) needed to support contracted resource pools.
- Providing initial network resources including default Public IP addresses.
- Providing initial resources for Desktop Models (memory, processing, primary storage, and networking).
- Enabling a secure point to point network interconnect (a.k.a. backhaul) via VPN or MPLS from the DaaS network (to your corporate network). Note MPLS is purchased separately from your ISP. MPLS Direct Connect will have an additional monthly charge.
- Providing at least two hours of Enterprise Center portal walk-through/training.
The Customer will be responsible for the following provisioning services:
- Providing corporate resource assistance for establishing site to site connectivity.
- Completing Active Directory domain binding.
- Customizing Gold Pattern Templates.
- Creating virtual machine, or session, or application pools and assigning end-users.
- Windows Client OS licensing (if applicable, and compliance with applicable license agreements).
- Installing and configuring third party applications on virtual machines.
3.6 Add On Capacity
- Add-on capacity (such as additional desktops, hosted app servers, and storage) and services as described above may be purchased at any time to meet new or expanded requirements.
- The Term for add-on capacity or services will be set to terminate at the same time as the core subscription term for the Services unless a Month-to-Month model and rates are applied.
- If add-on desktop capacity causes you to achieve a higher volume tier, any per-unit price reductions will apply to the remaining term of the Services. Prepaid subscriptions will not receive a refund for any per-unit price reduction due to achieving a higher volume tier.
- Volume Tiers for which discounts are available include: Tier 2: 50 – 99 VMs, Tier 3: 100 – 249 VMs, Tier 4: 250 – 499 VMs, Tier 5: 500 – 999 VMs, and Tier 6: 1000+ VMs. NB: Further discounts are also available for 24, and 36 month subscription terms.
4. Ordering and Invoicing
- Initial orders include core desktop and hosted apps capacity, support, IP Address, and Internet Bandwidth components for a SID. The initial purchase establishes the default billing relationship that applies to all transactions for that SID for the duration of the contract.
- When ordering the Services, Customer will be required to fill out an Order Form. This information is required to fulfill the order and must be returned to Cirrus within 10 days of expected delivery of Services. Failure to respond within the specified time may result in fulfillment delays. Each Order Form will supersede all previous Orders in relation to the contract.
- Additional capacity may be purchased at the time of initial order or any time after the initial order.
- Additional services, such as additional hard disk storage, may be purchased with the initial order or at any time during the subscription term. Additional terms and fees may apply to such additional services.
- Account changes to capacity can be made by ordering additional capacity or services any time before the end of the contracted term.
- Service reductions may be coordinated with Cirrus at the time of renewal and will require a new Order for the reduced Services capacity. However, in the event the capacity associated with the Customer’s reduced Services order is less than the capacity required to sustain their current workloads, Cirrus will bill the Customer for the excess capacity at the then current rates until such time as they have released the excess capacity and Cirrus has reclaimed it. Reduction orders must be submitted to Cirrus a minimum of 30 days from the date of renewal.
- Cirrus will invoice the Customer for all ordered services within ten (10) business days after the beginning of each Billing Period.
- Plan Charges (i.e., those Service components that are not billed based upon usage), will be invoiced by Cirrus for the then-current Billing Period unless the Customer chooses a prepaid service offering, in which case the Customer will be billed for the ordered subscription term. Should the Service Offering not be provided for the entire Billing Period, then the fees for such period will be prorated (a) from the day the Service Offering was first provided through the end of the Billing Period, or (b) from the beginning of the Billing Period through the last day in the Billing Period the Service Offering was provided, as appropriate.
- Usage Charges (i.e., those Service components that are billed based upon usage), will be invoiced by Cirrus on the next billing date following the Billing Period in which they were used. If the Customer’s SID is provisioned within 5 business days of the billing date, they may not receive the first invoice for Usage Charges until the second billing date following the SID provisioning.